Convergine Product Blog
News, updates, tips, and discussions about all our products.
Update on BookingWizz 5.1 long awaited release.
Over the last 3 weeks we received a lot of inquiries about "when will be v5.1 released?"
The release was scheduled for May 21st, unfortunately after final tests right before the release date we found couple of minor issues, which are being addressed as you read this post. We hope that everything will be finished in the next couple of days and released end of this week/this weekend. We know that many of our valued customers are waiting for the v5.1 release, and we hope you will be pleased to know that along with v5.1 update, we will release Credit Card Payments for BookingWizz v5.1+ (plug-n-play ) which will consist of all our current payment terminals (elavon, authorize.net, internetsecure, paypal pro, moneris canada, moneris usa, optimalpayments). We're also glad to announce that BookingWizz for Wordpress addon is half way done, and will be released in about a week/week and a half after v5.1 release. As mentioned before - it will be wordpress plugin which will require original bookingwizz v5.1 to be installed on the site in order to use plugin.
Here's some information on what will be included in this release:
- almost fully rewritten code
- languages support (easy translation, through modifying 1 file, plug-n-play for all other languages)
- plugin system (wordpress like)
- simple taxation editable through admin
- option to enable / disable lightbox for booking form
- option to set various time intervals for regular bookings (lets say from 9am to 11am, then you have a break, then you work again from 1pm to 6pm, this will be possible in v5.1)
- option to add manual event booking from within event management section
- option to add recurring manual booked time slots
- MINI calendar for easy integration into any site section
- a bit improved admin UI
- option to easily change outgoing email content (seprate PHP files in emailTemplates folder)
- installer now has envato license checker, your server must support cURL.
- various bug fixes brought to our attention by our loyal customers.
- various small improvements both product on front end and back end.
(full list will be released upon release of the update)
Thank you for your patience, we hope you will enjoy the new version.
There are still more features on our to do list, like iCal/Outlook/Google Calendar integrations, eTickets addon, and some other things. Next release will be schedule closer to July/August 2012 (after couple of our other products will get update.)
Leave your comments
Read what our customers have to say
This was truly timesaver. I was happy to buy your Moneybookers script. Got me 15 minutes to integrate it into my order system. I really liked it, i will soon probably buy your paypal script as well.
After years of custom development, we decided to give a try to your booking script for an in-house project. It seemed we couldn't go wrong. We underestimated your product!. Was installed by our developer in minutes and fully integrated into our website.
The value for the $12 we paid is just mindblowing considering the time we would spent developing it ourselves. We now recommend your products to all our clients as the BEST web software available anywhere! Thanks again.
I came across other product that do that same job before I came across Booking Wizz. The othe products took me 2-3 hours to install and configure.Your script took me only 10 mins to install and configure for my web project.. The software is amazingly simple and easily customizable. Just what small business need for their online booking purposes. I love it.
Jason C. , London UK
I simply wanted to send a quick thanks for making such an easy to use product! I've just setup Booking Wizz for a client and absolutely loved the ease of it all. I especially like the recently added events scheduling capabilities - I was worried about this at first - but you made it so easy!! Everything is just brilliant about it!
I love it! It's gonna save me lots lots and lots of time, now that I no longer need custom code my booking app. Just one suggestion...please implement a PayPal integration. That would truly ROCK!